Tuesday, June 3, 2008

31/5

Today was not too thrilling so I will keep this entry short. I ran a few errands with Thandi in the morning, including the most amazing store I’ve ever been to called Fruits and Veg City. It is a market with pretty much only fruits and vegetables, juices, and nuts. My heaven. The prices are unbelievable (a huge bag filled to the brim with probably 20, 25 clementines costs 7 Rand, a little less than $1), the selection is ridiculous (all our normal fruits and veggies plus like 50 more), and I am a little obsessed. They had a stand inside that gives you a massive bowl of mixed fruits (mostly exotic) topped with either soft serve ice cream of yogurt, so of course I just had to get one and it was basically amazing.

After we got back to the house we met the kids and went with them to their school for a fair. The school was extremely normal (I’m not sure what exactly I was expecting…) and reminded me of something I would find in any city. There were games set up in the auditorium and a BBQ outside. We played some then went outside for dinner. Cape Town is home to a white fish, Snoek, that is extremely cheap and tasty. They have it everywhere, so I had to get some and it was tasty tasty tasty (I just realized that this whole entry has basically been about food. Maybe I’m a little hungry?)

No comments: